The iconic Cartier panther is revealed in an instant in a feat of watchmaking magic that conjures the hourglass, an eternal allegory of the passage of time.
New TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300 M (43 mm)
Aquaracer. The quintessential sports watch inspired by the lure of the deep.
Ever the pioneer, in 1892, Edouard Heuer filed the first patent for a watertight case in the history of watchmaking. It was an immediate success. Since that time, the Aquaracer (the collection created by TAG Heuer in 2003) has continued to evolve, developing into the perfect timepiece for all kinds of extreme conditions, not just diving and other seafaring activities.
Robust and water-resistant to 300 metres, this watch — featuring a ceramic uni-directional rotary bezel, with its twelve sides and six studs, screw-down crown, large luminous indications on the indexes and hands for improved visibility and screw-down case back engraved with a diver's helmet — is immediately recognisable.
New for 2016, the Aquaracer Black Titanium version features Grade 2 titanium with black titanium carbide coating, a strap made from blue nylon with a rubber inner, and a case measuring 43 mm in diameter. The ceramic bezel has a sophisticated new design featuring engraved numerals with blue lacquer. The crystal of the date window also features a magnifier, reintroduced last year. At its heart beats the Calibre 5 automatic mechanical movement, offering proven accuracy and reliability.
The high quality of the Aquaracer's finishes and functions make it one of the best value timepieces on the market.
This model is available in three colourways: blue, black-and-red, and sand-coloured.
- TAG Heuer Automatic Calibre 5 with date
- Diameter 43 mm
- Grade 2 titanium with black titanium carbide coating
- Uni-directional rotating bezel in matt black ceramic
- Engraved numerals with blue, red or sand-coloured lacquer and a SuperLuminova™ dot at 12 o'clock
- Sapphire crystal with antireflective, scratch-resistant coating
- Screw-down crown in sand-blasted black titanium carbide
- Screw-on case back in sand-blasted black titanium carbide engraved with a diving bell
- Matt black dial with striations
- Blue, red or sand-coloured faceted, polished, hand-applied indices with luminous grey markers
- Blue, red or sand-coloured faceted and polished hour and minute hands, with luminous grey markers
- "TAG Heuer" logo & "Aquaracer" printed in blue, red or sand colour at 12 o'clock,
- Inscription at 6 o'clock reads "CALIBRE 5 – AUTOMATIC – 300M/1000FT" (in blue, red or sand colour)
- Timers printed in grey
- Date window at 3 o'clock with magnifier
- 300 metres
- Made from nylon, in blue with black topstitching, or black with red topstitching or sand colour with white topstitching.
- Black titanium folding buckle with black titanium carbide coating and push-piece safety mechanism.
- Rubber inner.
Read next luxury article: Luxurious Zenith limited edition