If you own a dog, you probably wished, at least once, that your best friend had the same jacket you wear...
TOP LIST: the most powerful and weakest passports in the world
The number of countries you can visit without a visa measures the power of a passport…
Japan achieves enviable results in many things. Still, with the goal of reaching another one, this country is now ranked No. 1 on the list of the most powerful passports in the world. The Asian Wonderland is at the top of this list for the third year in a row and its visa-free citizens can visit 191 destinations worldwide.
Compiled by the Henley Passport Index, this list analyzes how many countries passport holders can visit without a visa or with a visa upon arrival. In addition, while the United States and the United Kingdom, along with New Zealand have gained ground this year, Australia and certain other countries, such as Malta, the Czech Republic and Canada, continue to hold positions. Asian countries have gained more power, while Somalia, Pakistan, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan occupy the lowest positions on the list.
Commenting on these results, Dr. Christian Kälin, Index Creator and Chairman of Henley & Partners, said: “Over the past few years, we have witnessed the fact that the world is adapting to mobility as a permanent state of global life. The lowest ranking shows us that countries that embrace this reality are flourishing, and that their citizens have increasingly powerful passports and the many benefits that come with it.”
The best passports for 2020 are:
1. Japan - 191 destinations
2. Singapore - 190 destinations
3. South Korea, Germany - 189 destinations
4. Italy, Finland - 188 destinations
5. Spain, Luxembourg, Denmark - 187 destinations
6. Sweden, France - 186 destinations
7. Switzerland, Portugal, Nederland, Ireland, Austria - 185 destinations
8. United States, United Kingdom, Norway, Belgium, Greece - 184 destinations
9. New Zealand, Malta, Czech Republic, Canada, Australia - 183 destinations
10. Slovakia, Lithuania, Hungary - 181 destinations
In addition, here are the ten worst:
100. North Korea, Sudan - 39 destinations
101. Nepal, Palestinian Territory - 38 destinations
102. Libya - 37 destinations
103. Yemen - 33 destinations
104. Somalia, Pakistan - 32 destinations
105. Syria - 29 destinations
106. Iraq - 28 destinations
107. Afghanistan - 26 destinations
Read next luxury article: Gustav Klimt's lost painting was found!