If you own a dog, you probably wished, at least once, that your best friend had the same jacket you wear...
MOST EXPENSIVE DIAMONDS IN THE WORLD
Let’s first talk about most expensive diamonds worth millions, then about the priceless ones…
10. The Allnatt Diamond : $ 3 Millions - This diamond is named after Major Alfred Ernest Allnatt. He was one of the holders of the diamond. The Allnatt diamond has size of 101.29 carat (20.258 g) with a cushion cut. The diamond color is rated as fancy vivid Yellow by the Gemological Institute of America. No one knows precisely where the diamond was found. But some experts say that the diamond was found where the De Beers premier diamond mine now located.
9. The Moussaieff Red Diamond : $ 7 Millions - 5.11 carats (1.022 g) diamond with triangular brilliant cut that rated as Fancy Red colour by the Gemologial Institute of America (GIA). Although Moussaieff is relatively small compared to other expensive diamond, this is the largest fancy red ever rated by GIA.
8. The Heart of Eternity : $16 Millions - 27.64 carats (5.528 g) diamond with a color rated as Fancy Vivid Blue by the Gemological Institute of America. This diamond is very rare class of colored diamond. It was cut by the Steinmetz group before sold to De Beers Group. The diamond itself was found in premier diamond mine in South Africa.
7. Wittelsbach Diamond : $ 16.4 Millions - 35.36 carats (7.11 g) blue diamond with size of 40 mm in diameter with 8.29 mm in depth and VS 2 in clarity. It was become part of both Austrian and Bavarian crown jewels, with color and clarity has been compared to the Hope Diamond.
6. The Steinmetz Pink : $ 25 Millions - 59.60 carats (11.92 grams) of diamond that rated as Vivid Pink by the Gemological Institute of America. It’s the largest known diamond that given a color as Fancy vivid pink ever. The Steinmetz Pink was displayed as part of Smithsonian’s “The Splendor of Diamonds” exhibition.
5. De Beers Centenary Diamond: $ 100 Millions - classified as D levels by the Gemological Institute of America. It’s the highest grade of a diamond that colorless and internally and externally flawless. The diamond itself is 273.85 carats (54.77 grams) in weight. This diamond is the 3rd largest diamond has been produced by De Beer’s Premier Mine.
4. The Hope Diamond : $350 Millions - 45.52 carats (9.10 grams) large diamond that now located in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in Washington DC. The diamond looks blue in color to the naked eye because the number of traces of boron in the crystal structure but It shine a red phosphor under ultraviolet light.
3. The Cullinan : $ 400 Millions - 3,106,75 carats (621.35 grams) diamond and is the largest rough gem quality diamond ever found in the world. After polished it become Cullinan I or Star Africa first and at 530.2 carats (106.0 grams) is the largest diamond in the world until 1985 with the Golden Jubilee of 545.67 carats (109.13 grams) from the same premier mine.
2. The Sancy Diamond : (priceless) - 55.23 carat (11.05 grams) of pale yellow diamond that once was famous as the belonging of the Great Moguls. It’s believed that the diamond is Indian origin. This is the first large diamonds to be cut with symmetrical facets. The stone is also unusual because it has no pavilion – just a pair of crowns, one on the other. This historical diamond is now kept in the French Crown Jewel collection housed at the Louvre.
1. Koh-I-Noor : (priceless) - Koh-I-Noor means as “Mountain of Light” from Persian. It’s a 105 carat (21.6 grams) diamond that was once the largest known diamond in the world. The Koh-I-Noor was originated at Golconda in the Andhra Pradesh state of India. It was owned by various Sikh, Mughal and Persian rulers that fought each other from time to time. The stone was found to measure 36.00 × 31.90 × 13.04 mm. The gem remains the property of the British crown and is kept in HM Tower of London and it’s a popular tourist attraction.
Read next luxury article: GILDED HELICOPTERE – LILICOPTERE